Hello, friends! How’s your Tuesday going? Mine has been pretty good, but my stomach has been feeling funky, so that’s annoying!
Lately, I’ve been thinking about morning routines. Mostly because I’ve been having issues getting settled into one that works, and that I’m not rushing around like a mad woman. I think I may have figured out what works for me though… practice makes perfect, right? ;)
This is what the routine that works looks like:
1.First alarm goes off
2. Snooze goes off, 15 minutes later, and boyfriend is done with bathroom by around 7am, which is my cue to get moving
3. Start coffee and get straight into the shower (no checking blogs, email, etc. before showering… or else I get distracted)
4. Fix hair (blow dry, straighten), make up (concealer, foundation, blush, mascara), and fix breakfast
5. Eat breakfast, read some blogs, check email
6. Get dressed, pack work bag, and head out the door by 825am the latest
Helpful tidbits: packing lunch and picking out work clothes the night before is VERY helpful. Otherwise, add 15 minutes to this schedule!
2 eggs + banana + almond butter
I was going to do some avocado, but it wasn’t ripe! :( bummer. Hopefully tomorrow it will be good to go.
TJ’s Jalapeno Chicken Sausage + Roasted Broccoli/Brussels Sprouts
Veggie Pizza with Bacon Bits
Now, onto new purchases that I received yesterday and today!!! I can’t express how excited I am ;) Does anyone else get more excited for workout clothes, than regular clothing… I do.
New compression shorts, a workout shirt, and my VIBRAMS! Confession: Since receiving my Vibrams, I’ve worn them as much as possible (only walking, and mostly around the house), but they are so COMFY. If you’ve been debating to purchase them or not, do it! I wish I wouldn’t have waited so long… One more pic for my your viewing pleasure.
New workout clothing is one of the best motivators for me… so I’ll be getting crazy in the gym this week ;)
QA: what’s your morning routine? what makes your routine work so well for you? What is your biggest motivator to workout? Would you rather buy workout clothes or regular clothes?