Happy happy Monday! What a cold morning to get the week going, I’m already wishing I was back on the mountain!
Happy birthday, Dad!
My amazing dad is 57 today! He is such a great man, and has been a role model of perseverance, trust, and love through my life. Here’s to many more years! Happy birthday, Dad! Love you lots!
This was just a glimpse of my weekend view. It was spectacular!
The weekend at Wintergreen Resort (although we stayed in a rented house) was so relaxing and lots of fun! Here’s a couple pics to sum up the weekend:
- Beer tasting at Devils Backbone Brewery
- The mass amount of meat, cheeses, dips, chips, and bread that we snacked on after our wine/beer tasting tour
- The two bottles of wine I bought at Wintergreen Vineyard
- The cool cabbage plant and Devils Backbone Brewery signage
- Enjoying the best pumpkin beer I’ve ever had via Devils Backbone Brewery
Work Week Meals
Since I was out of town, and driving home on Sunday, I planned out meals and grocery shopped when I got home. Here’s what we’re having this week:
One quick note regarding the chipotle chicken salad via Simply Scratch which you may have seen me post on instagram (julie_quinn)… go make this now! It is so delicious and a great change of pace for lunches.
When the fiancé asked me last night if I wanted to workout, I didn’t even hesitate to say no. I knew after the enjoyable weekend I had, the gym must be my friend this week! It’s all about balance right
This morning I did the Monday GPP workout, and holy cow…this workout was a chest burner! Since I am new to the whole GPP workouts, I have been modifying, so the workout for me was about half of what was prescribed, and thank goodness. Overall, it felt to be back in the gym and get a good sweat in! Looking forward to a full week of workouts (and sweating).
1. How was your weekend? What’d you do?
2. What kind of meals are you eating this week?
3. What does your workouts look like this week?