I’m not at all excited it’s the weekend ;) and my apologies if the Rebecca Black song is now stuck in your head, but in all fairness it’s stuck in my head every single Friday. This is what got my morning going:
Notice the Clean Eating and La Cucina Italiana magazines, lots of reading for this girl!
We are out of eggs in this
apartment house, so oatmeal it is! I did a healthy heart oatmeal with almond butter and jelly, so PB&J oats!
Yum yum! :)
So what’s on the docket for today:
- make your own pizza and martinis with the BF ;)
Hope you have a great day!
Happy Monday, folks!
Personally, Mondays are very hard… I hate getting back into the grind after two days of chilling. But… The good thing is that I like my j-o-b :) And that is something to be thankful for!
So my workout plan called for a run today, and when my alarm went off at 530am, I couldn’t get out of bed! I’m the first to say that getting up before 7am is quite difficult, especially on Monday mornings, but I also know that if I don’t workout in the AM, there is a very high chance it won’t happen that night. I’m pretty much lazy bones after 6pm.
To make getting up at 530am and working out easier I’ve started doing a few things:
1. Set the coffee timer to start brewing when my alarm goes off. Sometimes the scent of coffee is enough to propel me out of bed (it’s the little things in life, right??) and I like a little caffeine to get me going.
2. Put my workout gear next to me bed. Can’t avoid it when my running shoes are staring at me.
3. Eat half a piece of toast with almond butter so I’m not famished when it’s time to run.
4. Go to bed at a reasonable hour… Let’s be real, getting up is a 100x harder when I’ve gone to bed at 1130pm vs 10pm.
5. Try and remember how much better I feel once I’ve completed the workout! I never regret a workout once I’ve gotten going.
Time to prepare for that workout tomorrow!!
Question of the day: How do you make sure you stay consistent with your routine??